Senior Silo Operator at Villam Agric Limited
Read more about this company
Senior Silo Operator
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Plateau
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Senior Silo Operator
The Senior Silo Operator will work with the Location Manager of the Silo to ensure operational efficiency.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Monitor activities affecting environmental quality.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing products for quality checks and strict adherence to customer specifications.
- Set up and operate silos equipment in accordance with current good storage and food handling practices and standard operating procedures.
- Operate industrial equipment efficiently.
- Calibrate or adjust scientific or technical equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as callipers, micrometres, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products; determining causes of operational problems or failures.
- Monitor the productivity or efficiency of silos operations, monitoring and adjusting production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Start up and shut down processing equipment; Operate silos equipment efficiently.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Measure and record data associated with operating equipment, measuring physical or chemical properties of materials or objects.
- Keep production logs, and prepare daily operational reports.
- Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, or products.
- Select cleaning materials, tools, project materials or equipment.
- Package outgoing grains in the appropriate packaging materials for transport in recommended standards
- Performs other duties or ad-hoc duties as directed by the Director of Operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Agricultural or Mechanical/Production Engineering with between 2-5 years of relevant working experience.
- Technically sound and flexible with proven operational handling experience is required.
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work technically with generators, electric-motors, conveyor-belts, dryers, car, forklift, bagging equipment, truck, and weighbridge) are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, the worldwide web, Emails and WhatsApp).
- Strong English language skills are essential and effective communication in Native Language of the specific location.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.