Senior Specialist, Network Planning (Fibre) at IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Network Planning (Fibre)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Network Planning (Fibre) who will deliver assigned complex and/ or long-term Outside Plant (OSP) fibre engineering and implementation projects, including budgetary, resourcing and scheduling requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform fibre optic network design, planning and engineering.
- Support site survey activities and generate high- and low-level designs.
- Create and analyze bills of quantity (BoQs) to be utilized in fibre optic network build.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the current network in order to meet future network and technology requirements.
- Ensure all implementation activities are performed according to quality specifications and requirements set by the company, customers and equipment manufacturers.
- Perform quality assurance & in-process audits on the installation of supplied customer services in the OSP, including fibre installation; fibre splice, testing and termination; and acceptance test procedures.
- Utilize the company’s acceptance checklist to execute acceptance test procedures, thereby ensuring the installed fibre optic network conforms to customer requirements.
- Ensure service providers comply with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) standards.
- Drive any required change control process during the implementation phase.
- Guide Installation and Engineering service providers on proper design and installation techniques, procedures, and documentation/ reporting.
- Ensure that service providers meet all the technical specifications with respect to telecoms and civil works issues.
- Provide feedback to service providers on the work performance, requirements, and recommendations for improvement.
- Review and monitor Project Implementation Plan (PIP) as submitted by vendors
- Support routine preventive and corrective maintenance procedures/
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Network Planning (Fibre).
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Building/ Structural Technology, or any related discipline.
- Advanced degree in any of the above Engineering fields and/ or relevant professional certifications, e.g. will be an added advantage.
- 8 – 12 years’ relevant experience, including most recent 4-5 years in telecoms program/ project management.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Project Management
- Fibre Optic Planning & Installation
- Fibre Transmission Technologies & Solutions
- Fibre Optic Network Service Delivery Processes & Models
- Business Communication
- Customer Industry Knowledge
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2021.