WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Supervising Instrumentation and Control Engineer
Ref No: LAG0062
Job: Instrumentation and Controls
Employment Type: Direct Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- Ensure familiarity of team members to company policies, technical developments in industry practice, codes, standards & legislative requirements, promote review of company polices and procedures.
- Overview the process control and instrumentation design, safety and integrated communications system deliverables, specify DCS, ESD, Fire Systems, analysers, networks, procurement Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations, vendor documentation and define interface requirements.
- Participate on reliability and risk assessment studies, validate design software, develop discipline specific tools, forms and templates, perform technical bid analysis for sub-contracting work, resource allocations, develop new project budget estimates and participate in sub-contract evaluation, develop in-house calculation tools or templates, review company procedures.
- Manage changes in scope and schedule in accordance with the change control process as defined by the Quality Assurance and Enterprise Management System, ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Observe personal safe working practices and understand the importance of HSE in design with an awareness of Corporate Occupational Health & Safety Procedures
- Ensure discipline scope of work is executed in coordination with other disciplines and completed satisfactorily within scope, quality, schedule and budget, defined by the Project Management Plan
- Provide technical direction and coordination for instruments personnel by reviewing deliverables to ensure conformance to engineering quality & technical accuracy, assess team competencies during the yearly appraisal process to identify discipline / team training needs, participate in the recruiting of new personnel, and disciplinary actions.
- Other task as assigned by supervisor.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electrical / Electronics or Computer Engineering OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics and Distinctions in GCE ‘O’ Level in English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and/or Further/ Additional Mathematics.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience as a discipline engineer in the oil & gas industry with not less than 4 years offshore field experience inclusive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2022.