Senior Sustainability & Impact Advisor
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options Consultancy seeks a Senior Sustainability & Impact Advisor who will provide technical advice, oversight and guidance to Evidence for Action (E4A) colleagues and accountability coalitions, towards ensuring the sustainability of the programme’s interventions.
As Senior Advisor Sustainability & Impact Advisor you will be expected to provide technical support to Options’ programmes, through remote and in-country support.
The role responsibilities will mainly be on the Evidence for Action-MamaYe (E4A) programme which brings together groups (including government, civil society, health practitioners and media) to use existing information and resources to: (I) Identify the reasons for maternal mortality (II) Agree on how available resources can be used most effectively to address these reasons. (II) Advocate for the changes needed.
As a result, government and health practitioners are better able to respond appropriately to the issues causing unnecessary deaths and injuries. This enables women and children to have better access to improved quality health services, and more women having safe births.
The project is led by African experts in Kenya and Nigeria. In Senegal the project focuses on strengthening civil society coalitions working on health budget advocacy and accountability for health commitments made by governments.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in the area for public health, health communication, M&E, advocacy or other related comparable experiences.
- Experience of supporting development projects in Nigeria in their technical area of expertise for at least 6 years
- Demonstrable experience conducting relevant technical work in similar organisations
- Experience in implementing training, mentoring and other capacity building approaches to civil society and government.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within their technical area with oversight and supervision.
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships with partners, consultants and technical resource person
- You will be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
Overseas candidates require a valid Nigeria work permit
Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate
How to apply:
- To apply, please click here
- Closing date: 15 November 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- This role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)