Senior Technical Specialist, MEAL at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) December, 2019
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting for fulltime Senior Technical Specialist, MEAL.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist, MEAL – 4GATES Nigeria
Job Ref Code: STS241219
Reports To: OVC Program Lead (CRS) and M&E Director (CCFN)
- The Senior Technical Specialist MEAL) will provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) leadership to the 4GATES program to ensure that the program is able to document progress and achievement of stated objectives and report to PEPFAR and relevant entities of the Government of Nigeria (GON) in an accurate and timely manner.
- The Senior Technical Specialist MEAL takes the lead in planning the 4GATES baseline and final evaluations with MEASURE Evaluation, coordinates with Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) officials and CCFN on the use of and updates to NOMIS; liaises with MEASURE and CCFN to support training in NOMIS at the State, LGA and CSO levels and integration of new modules; and actively engages in the Core VC M&E Technical Working Group (TWG).
- The Senior Technical Specialist MEAL leads the development of the 4GATES Strategic Information System (SIS) and oversees data quality at all levels. The Senior Technical Specialist MEAL is responsible for M&E capacity strengthening of CSO sub grantees and overall collection, quality, analysis, use and reporting of data according to reporting requirements of the GON and PEPFAR.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Health and or Public-Health oriented field, Epidemiology, Statistics, Health Informatics or related social science.
- Experience with PEPFAR reporting requirements
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum of six years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4 of the following:
- Applied evaluation or research
- Data analysis, synthesis, and communication of results
- Design and implementation of evaluation protocols, including quantitative survey
- Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
- Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
- Analysis of complex data set into understandable charts and tables or other summary templates
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Capacity in Microsoft Access and one or more of the following statistical software packages: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata.
- Experience in the development of M&E systems in collaboration with stakeholders who may represent a wide range of interests and needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven track record in coordinating a project team composed of technical experts and consultants in M&E activity implementation and reporting.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
- Experience working on a PEPFAR-supported program, especially PEPFAR.
- Familiarity with OVC M&E, programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 9th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating “Position” being applied for and the “Job Ref Code” as the subject of the application application to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]
About Catholic Relief Services (crs)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. Founded in 1943 by the United States Council of Catholic Bishops, the agency pro…Know More about Catholic Relief Services (crs)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
10 Positions – 2 Locations
2 Positions – 2 Locations