Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Service Parts Specialist
Req ID: 200000P7
Location: Lagos-Island, Lagos
Job Type: Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Exempt – Experienced
- Serve as key customer contact to promote quality customer service and increase business within the branch location.
- Assesses customers needs, gathers pertinent information, and opens work orders; provides quotes, develops claims, prepares repair plans, schedules work, and provides status updated to customers on repair work in the shop;.
- Develops diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans by determining the length of repair based on parts and labor availability; reviews diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans with the Service Supervisor prior to customer contact; works with the Service Supervisor to schedule shop job assignments.
- Develops positive relationships with key customers; resolves customer concerns regarding Cummins? or distributor warranties; explain charges to customers.
- Monitors key performance metrics for the workshop, including labor productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostics Application – Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Warranty Process – Analyzes customer issues to verify root cause of failure and associated progressive damage using Cummins published service information; interprets the warranty administration manual to determine eligibility for coverage and claim requirements; identifies items associated with repair that can be covered and communicates to stakeholders; files a claim in the appropriate system using proper documentation and requirements to receive accurate settlement.
- Technical Escalation – Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Documentation – Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Electronic Service Tool Development – Explains scope of all primary electronic troubleshooting tools to understand which tools are applicable; identifies clear and robust design requirements by following the required process to ensure design meets or exceeds requirements; develops and executes test plans to validate the service tool.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Financial acumen – Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Tech savvy – Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College or technical trade school or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- Significant experience required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cummins Inc. on cummins-africa.jobs to apply