SHE Manager at Olam International
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHE Manager
- To implement/ensure that the operation complies and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines. To establish policies that creates and maintains a safe workplace with zero harm.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure timely reporting of the incidents and monthly performance reports.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards
- Health, Safety and Environmental management systems such as the OHSAS 18001
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Implement various programs mandated by the corporate to strengthen the Safety & Health Performance
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in any discipline from a reputable institution
- Professional qualification in EHS and Fire & Safety Management Systems or Industrial Safety. Nebosh certification is preferred.
Experience / Skill / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- 3-4 years in a similar industry
- Technical knowledge on Fire Safety management, Industrial Safety standards, Electrical Safety etc.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent inter-personnel skills and ability to influence.
- Ability to multitask with little or no supervision.
- Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and EHS Management tools.
- Strong bias for action
- Incident Investigation methods & Auditing techniques