Shearing Machine Operator at Alfred and Victoria Associates
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market.
Read more about this company
Shearing Machine Operator
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Ogba, Ikeja – Lagos
- Sets up and operates power shear to cut metal objects, such as plates, sheets, slabs, billets, or bars to specified dimensions and angle: Experience using magnet attachment of the shear.
- Turns hand wheels to adjust rake (angle) and pressure of blade.
- Positions and clamps stops and side guides to set length and angle of cut, using rule, built-in gauges, or template.
- Lifts work piece manually or by hoist or crane to machine bed or roller table and positions it against side guide and end stops.
- Starts machine which clamps work piece and lowers blade to cut metal.
- Lays out cutting lines on metal, using rule, square, or template when shearing single pieces.
- Tilt bed, blade, or install fixtures to shear, bevel, or trim fabricated items.
- Set up and operate shear on production line in which shear is fed by conveyor, for example automobile frame line or rolling mill.
- Operate portable shear to cut sheet metal.
- Inspect work, using tape, compass, gauge, template, or micrometer to verify dimensions.
- Designated by type of shear as Gate-Shear Operator (industry) II, or by application of shear as Square-Shear Operator (industry) I, Staple-Shear Operator (mill industry).
- Operate shear that automatically shears to uniform length metal sheets, plates, or structural shapes fed into machine by continuous coil or conveyor and be designated Shear Operator, Automatic.
- Turning hand wheels to adjust rake and blade pressure;
- Positioning and clamping stops and side guides to set length, lifting work pieces manually, starting machine and lowering blades to cut metal;
- Laying out cutting lines on metal; and
- Operating portable shear to cut sheet metal.
- Academic Qualification: Minimum of a high school diploma certificate and Vocational training
- Professional Qualification: Certification in Trade test
- Experience: 2 to 5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility
Key skills and Competencies:
- Experience in operating variety of machines.
- Inventory controlling skills.
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy items.
- Knowledge of adhering to safety protocols.
- Basic mechanical skills to operate and maintain the machine. Formal education in the form of a vocational degree is seen on resumes.
- Able to follow instructions and production schedules.
- Able to act quickly when a problem arises.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love