Legrande Engineering Services is a subsidiary of Legrande Properties was established in 2002, and became a limited liability company in 2014. The company was registered to carry out business as builders and building contractors, to engage in construction, repairs, architecture, and alteration of buildings and structures of all kinds. Also, to contract for and undertake the supply of materials and labour for construction and related works. As a result of our high-level competence, We have enjoyed providing services for the Federal, State and Local Governments, in addition to private organizations and individuals. The company’s office in both Abuja and Lagos with a compliment of seasoned engineering, technical and administrative staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Champion the Company Site Leadership Expectations and implement the use of the Site Manager’s Handbook
- Undertake line management responsibility for site safety performance
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractor and Site Team members
- Coordinate input to and review development of contractor’s detailed engineering, procurement, schedule, and execution plans to complete the work
- Monitor and appraise the contractor’s performance for safety, quality, cost, and schedule; ensure that appropriate corrective actions are taken when needed
- Keep management advised of progress, performance, initiatives, issues, challenges, and anticipated completion dates for subsequent start-up planning
- Ensure safe and effective Site Mobilization and Demobilization of both the Project Management Team (PMT) and contractor resources
- Administer the execution of the contract, including interpretations to contract specifications as required
- Utilize best practices, Construction Management System (Comes), and company tools
- Review change requests and change assessments in accordance with the Management of Change Plan
- Ensure the contractor is implementing and maintaining an effective interface management system
- Assist contractor and subcontractors in achieving the contract expectations and requirements
- Verify physical progress and approve or endorse contractor invoices, as appropriate
- Ensure Mechanical Completion and Systems Completion activities are planned and safely executed to facilitate the schedule
- Lead company’s learned review and prepare close-out report sections upon completion of site work
- Actively Participate in Construction Readiness Reviews and/or Independent Project Reviews
- Provide input to appraisal process for assigned site personnel
- Manage the overall project Cost & Schedule process, including implementing effective project controls and reporting across the project.
- A good First Degree or HND (minimum of Upper Credit) in Building, Civil or Structural Engineering with all relevant professional certifications will be required.
- We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 5 years of construction site experience
- The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with the ability to manage personnel with a wide variety of technical skills.
- The role calls for a seasoned site Engineer accustomed to working with strict deadlines and delivering projects on budget.
- This is a practical, hands-on position with significant time spent on the project sites.
- A high energy level, drive and discipline are required to succeed in the role.
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.