Site Microscopist for Therapeutic Efficacy Study 2021 at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Microscopist for Therapeutic Efficacy Study 2021
Ref No: R761
Job Type: Part Time
- The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team, plans to initiate activities for the 2021 TES in July 2021.
- We are seeking to engage a Site Microscopist to oversee sample collection, preparation, analysis and transmission on the site. He/She will be reporting directly to the site Principal Investigator.
- The 2021 DTES will be conducted in Four (4) Sentinel sites across Nigeria. The sites identified for the study are Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states.
- Sample / specimen collection
- Specimen processing, analysis and storing
- Laboratory results collection
- Specimen transportation
- Update/maintain study documents/equipment
- Any other task assigned by the site PI
- First sub-activity report on Patient’s sample collection, preparation, analysis and transmission.
- Mid-term sub-activity report on Patient’s sample collection, preparation, analysis and transmission.
- Final sub-activity report on Patient’s sample collection, preparation, analysis and transmission.
- Degree in Public Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences with at least 4 years cognate experience in quality assurance and laboratory management systems
- Good understanding of the essential package of implementation of malaria diagnostic package, post qualification experience working in a laboratory setting and advanced training on malaria diagnosis
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures and other relevant procedures in conducting clinical or epidemiologic trials
- Familiarity or previous conduct of TES as a microscopist
Application Closing Date