Site Reliability Engineer Job at Decagon
Job title: Site Reliability Engineer Job at Decagon
Job description: Decagon is Nigeria’s leading tech talent accelerator connecting the top 0.5% of software Engineers with global companies looking to scale their engineering teams. Driven by a passion to make Nigeria a Top 10 software Engineering nation within a decade, we recruit and place only the brightest of software engineers.
Founded in 2018 with a global network of 400+ software Engineers and 120+ partner companies spread across Europe, the USA, and Africa, Decagon is committed to connecting exceptional software Engineers to global companies across our network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Job Location: Remote
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for talented & experienced engineers to help us build and support our cloud-native infrastructure
. * As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be joining a team of mix background technologists.
- Our mandate is to provide secure, flexible and stable platform solutions that empower our feature development teams to create the highest quality services for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, deploy, and operate cloud-native infrastructure in support of SaaS platform
- Develop and improve instrumentation for understanding and troubleshooting the health and availability of services
- Bring a mindset of standards and best practices to help create observability solutions that the team would want to adopt
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Drive a culture of automation, both within the team and throughout the organization, in order to scale efficiently and reliably
- Participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and highly available cloud-native applications
Skills / Requirements
- 4+ years of experience with implementation, operations, and maintenance of cloud services
- A drive to inspire adoption through enthusiasm
- An understanding of the importance of a strong feedback loop with other teams and individuals across the organization
- A deep understanding of cloud computing concepts and solutions, specifically with Google Cloud Platform
- A solid understanding of Identity and Access Management, as well as setting and auditing access policies
- Experience with cloud-native approaches to security concerns
- Hands-on experience with container and container orchestration technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, etc.
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Intimate understanding of one or more of these monitoring and observability tools: DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Honeycomb
- Very strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis and preventative analysis
Nice to have:
- You have experience in building systems in a microservice environment, understanding the basic building blocks of resilient and scalable software
- Experience with web applications developed in Python or Ruby
- Knowledge of some or all of: web/network protocols, security, data persistence, and CI/CD pipelines
- An understanding of modern software development practices: TDD/BDD, hexagonal design, etc.
- An understanding of Linux primitives: process scheduling, signals, namespaces, authentication/authorization, etc.
Perks of the Role
- Become a crucial part of a fast-growth, dynamic company, and its expansion.
Expected salary: $2000 – 2200 per month
Location: Enugu, Enugu State – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:20:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!