Site Supervisor at Norton Industries Limited
Norton Industries Limited is a Building Materials company, specializing in the supply and installation of MARBLE, GRANITE and other NATURAL STONES all over Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- As a Site Supervisor, you will monitor the progress of projects with clients while ensuring compliance with construction safety regulations
- You will supervise construction workers and subcontractors, educate construction workers on site safety practices, and evaluate employee performance
- You should be detail-oriented, hands on and knowledgeable of general labor equipment and construction safety regulations
- You are able to interpret site routes as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Reporting to management the daily tasks delegated to your team.
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate errors.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- To co-ordinate with clients, sub-contractors and workers on all project aspects to ensure smooth and timely implementation
- Plan and monitor site progress and ensure adherence to project schedule
- Support Project Manager and Engineers
- Control material wastage and manage workers on site
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Maintaining sufficient management and overseeing daily operations
- Handle emergencies appropriately according to established procedures; prepare and file accident reports
- Communicate with clients regarding products and services
- Set project goals and oversee projects to completion; schedule and track assignments
- All other general site-related & construction duties as require
- To be involved in manpower and machinery deployment
- Ensure project specifications are fulfilled & that company regulations are being adhered to
- Ensure good Environmental, Safety and Health practices are carried out at all time
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Skills / Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred
- At least 2 year(s) of supervisory experience required
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor
- Sound knowledge of general construction and construction safety regulations
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project management abilities
- Confidence to thrive under pressure
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proficient in English and any other language is a bonus
- Able to read drawings
- Organised, meticulous, responsible individual with positive work attitude and good interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.