SMC Operations Support Consultant at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SMC Operations Support Consultant
Reference No.: R763
Employment Type: Part Time
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-governmental organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world. MSH partners with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and thousands of health workers to implement locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including the implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) campaign activities in 2 States (Katsina and Taraba). Due to the high volume of stakeholders/participants involved in the campaign, Operations ad-hoc personnel are needed to support Operations activities during the campaign. Previous experience in a similar position is an added advantage.
- The Operations support staff will support the operations unit in ensuring the smooth operations of logistics by providing clerical support.
- Support to Arrange hotel for participants, consultants who are participating in the SMC activity in Katsina and Taraba States.
- Support the operations unit to engage vendors for the SMC activity in Taraba and Katsina States
- Support the Operations unit in maintaining the inventory records for items meant for the SMC activity.
- Support in scanning, filling of documents and raising reports about the SMC activities.
- Support in providing communication gateways for the SMC activities.
- Support the Operations unit in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required.
- Arrange spaces for participants making sure they have as much conducive environment as possible in the cause of the SMC activity.
- Inventory and asset management
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Support to coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Application Closing Date