Social Behavior Change Assistant at CARE International
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Social Behavior Change Assistant – 3 positions
- Job TypeFull Time
2 – 3 years
Supervisor: Communication Reporting and Advocacys Officer.
Location: Nguru, Yusufari, and Yunusari Yobe State.
Slot: 3 Positions.
This position will support the Communications and Advocacy Officer and the Livelihood and Nutrition team to develop effective behavior change strategies and tools targeting key populations including branding and market segmentation strategies, social media campaigns, training materials and counseling tools.
- Support in formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming;
- Work with key stakeholders and communities to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the improvements in practices to crop and livestock production and management, income generating activities and savings and loans.
- Mobilize and advocate for support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Support in Conducting capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of Project management committee and technical committees to implement SBCC activities for key populations.
- Support in the establishment of Zero Hunger villages as per donor requirement.
- Provide technical assistance, in community sensitization and mobilization and behavior change communications, to the targeted population.
- In collaboration with program team, develop key behavior change messages to communicate to targeted populations and monitor the same.
- Support in Identifying advocacy opportunities in order to ensure project success. Such opportunities will include but not limited to radio messages, advocacy forums, and community.
- Support engagement sessions and information on education communication materials.
- Work with M&E officer, and program team to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities on a quarterly basis.
- The SBCC Assistants will contribute to production and distribution of periodic success stories as well as producing advocacy briefs and leaflets.
- Compilation and submission of monthly and quarterly communication and advocacy reports to the reporting manager
- The SBCC Assistant will assist in coming up with advocacy and communication plans that will involve all beneficiaries and stake holders and ensure the targeted beneficiaries are reached.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriately by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social and behavioral sciences or humanities and at least 2 – 3 years of experience in implementing social and behavior change communication programs.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing large scale interventions relating to social change for early recovery programs.
- Demonstrated experience in social and behavior change communication, community development, and training of civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming Livelihood and Nutrition.
- Substantial knowledge in communication for development.
- Analytical and presentational skills
- Ability to speak at least one local language
- Organizational skills with an eye for detail
Experience supporting the implementation of communication for development programs for INGO or UN organizations
Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa
Excellent community sensitization and communication skills.
Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CARE International.
Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
Applicants should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location in Caps (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION) to: [email protected]
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.