Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HQ Project Coordinator
Ref Id: sfh-40694
Contract Duration: 12 Months
- The Project Coordinator will have overall responsibility for project activities, including management of project staff, oversight and liaison with stakeholders at State and National levels.
- S/He will oversee the project design and implementation, and coordinate all field activities, including training, all demand generation activities such as canvassing, interpersonal education sessions, supportive supervision, documentation and the project evaluation.
- The staff will also be responsible for all the project deliverables and reporting to the donor.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Take the lead on advocacy activities for the project to all stakeholders to ensure buy-in, participation and enabling environment for project implementation.
- Supervise and coordinate the production of project outputs to ensure quality delivery within the time frame and budget provision as of the project.
- Supervise, guide and coordinate the work of the project implementation team, consultants and activity/sub-project contractors under the project.
- Oversee and ensure timely submission of the project report; inception report, combined project implementation review/annual project report (PIR/APR), monthly reports, quarterly reports, and other reports as may be required by the donors.
- Represent SFH on all relevant taskforces, subcommittees and technical working groups at the state level.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to all participating CPs, PPMVs and referral facilities in project locations.
- Lead the publication of at least three (3) research articles by the project completion.
- Manage external communications between the project and State stakeholders.
- Supervise the routine data collection and data management for the project in the assigned locations.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Health Systems Administration with a master’s degree in a related field of study.
- A minimum of five (5) years of in designing and implementing Integrated Community Case Management – Childhood Illnesses programme (ICCM) within a donor-funded environment
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the private healthcare system.
- S/He should have experience coordinating project with Federal and State government stakeholders, implementing partners and other NGOs.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage deliverables within agreed timelines and budgets.
Skills and competencies:
- High Level of Integrity
- Good Project Management and Emotional intelligence
- Behaviour change communication experience
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Coordination and Team Building skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 24th April, 2020.