Software Engineering Manager (FinTech / Jira / Product) at Black Pen Recruitment
Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, an AI-Driven Lending Platform, is recruiting qualified candidates to join their team in the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager (FinTech / Jira / Product)
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time
- Are you an experienced Software Engineering Manager (FinTech/Jira/Product) in the FinTech space?
- Do you have hands-on financial operation experience? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Our client, an AI-Driven lending platform, is looking to hire a talented Software Engineering Manager to join their team in Nigeria.
- The team consists of innovators and builders with domain expertise in the lending space.
- They share a determination to continue leveraging data driven approaches to problem solving by building products that the market needs and API integrations that drive value across the board.
- Supervise engineering deliverables.
- Design, execute, utilize and maintain software engineering applications.
- Prepare all required Technical Proposal pertinent to software engineering.
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmap.
- Plan strategies for the development of designs and products on schedule and on budget
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Provide input in strategic technical decisions and solutions, when needed
- Help hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job functions and suitably use project and software-related tools.
- Prioritize, delegate and supervise all engineers’ activities and deliverables
- Manage, support, and evaluate engineers’ performance
- Strategizing and brainstorming opportunities for career development, mentoring and training for your people,
- Preparing reports and writing performance reviews, and very important, using and tracking performance metrics.
- Collaborate closely with upper management and leadership to ensure the wellbeing of your department and the alignment with the company culture and goals.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, stakeholders and contractors
- Brainstorm solutions for potential roadblocks or new features
- Documenting and improving processes at work, reviewing customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or similar related field preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in software development and team management
- Ability to mentor junior software developers, as well as to collaborate with all stakeholders
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to peer review code and enforce best coding practices
- Proficiency using JIRA to project manage and track engineering performance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application