Specialist, Content Creator (Motion Graphics) at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Content Creator (Motion Graphics)
Location: Lagos, NG
- Create motion graphics and animation forthe website, YouTube channel and social media handles
- Use visual effects, animation and othercinematic techniques to animate static designs, scripts and productinformation.
- Identifying, determining, and drawingthe characters he/she will use in his/her animation project.
- Modelling the characters with the use ofanimation software such as Blender, Maya 3Ds Max, or several other animation orgame engines.
- Developing animation concepts andrequirement as agreed with head, marketing communications, creating artwork andsketches, utilizing animation software tools, and providing support to themarketing communication units and the business at large.
- Creating motion graphics contents forthe digital platforms
- Merging images withbackground graphics and special effects
- Integrating 3-D components into brand’svideo materials
- Create high-quality animations byutilizing both hand key animation and motion capture data
- Create prototypes and mock-ups of newtypes of products
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas, withthe ability to produce concept sketches and quick concept edits
- Give and receive constructive, creativefeedback across teams
- Taking an active part in the editingprocess
- Overseeing and directing the work ofanimation from 3rd party suppliers or agency partners
- Working cooperatively with agencypartner production crew such as designers, directors, and so on
- Managing projects efficiently andensuring that all deadlines and expectations are met
- Developing comprehension of human andnonhuman motion and expression
- Utilizing specialized computergeneration software such as Maya, Flash, and After Effects
- Coordinating with outside agencies, artservices, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projectswithin design specifications and budget restrictions
- Work along the creative direction forthe company as well as brand guidelines
- Collaborate with other members of themarketing team to amplify the activities of Marketing Communications unit.
- Perform any other duties assigned by theHead, Marketing Communications especially the animation of the product scripts
- A first degree in any field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years post NYSC proven work experience in an industry-related field will be an advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Computer proficiency: ability to work with computers, and must be able to use specialized animation software such as Blender and Maya
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Function as part of a team. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Listening and speaking skills: Understand and convey accurate information for creating the requested animation.
- Time management skills: Meet scheduled deadlines.
- Creativity: Generate ideas and bring them to fruition.
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail, since modelling animation characters and developing a comprehension of human emotion requires special detail
- Computer proficiency, as an animator is expected to work with computers, and must be able to use specialized animation software such as Blender and Maya
- Ability to draw and make sketches, and utilize animation software tools
- Must be able to take direction, communicate with other artists, as well as external contractors, and work with other team members to ensure that art and animations are properly implemented
- Ability to illustrate and storyboard
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong design, communication, and project management skills
- Outstanding workethic, character, integrity, and professionalism
Application Closing Date