Specialist, Tax & Regulatory at IHS Towers
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
For 15 years we have been building and managing telecommunications towers that are the essential backbone of mobile telecommunications in Africa – the leapfrog technology driving economic development, prosperity and self-sufficiency across the continent. Right now, IHS is leading a new telecoms service sector driven by the growth of middle class business an…
Read more about this company
Specialist, Tax & Regulatory
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Tax & Regulatory. Based in Lagos, you implement approved policies, processes and procedures to enable the business optimize tax, manage tax documents properly, and minimize tax costs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory to address all tax-related matters.
- Support the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory in effectively and efficiently managing the company’s tax and regulatory portfolio to achieve key business objectives of tax compliance and optimization.
- Prepare tax transactions and tax remittance schedules. Monitor and ensure timely payment of taxes.
- Ensure prompt filling of periodic tax returns.
- Prepare tax reconciliation schedules to the general ledger.
- Prepare periodic draft tax calculations for internal reporting.
- Assist in providing support to tax officials during tax audits and investigation exercises, from field work to the conclusion of the tax audit exercise.
- Own and manage the tax and regulatory tracker to ensure that all correspondences are attended to as and when due without any miss.
- Coordinate and manage all tax documents and inward/ outward correspondences.
- Provide support in proper management of all tax files and documents.
- Support the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory in organizing technical sessions with units/ departments of the business.
- Support in ensuring that all tax postings are done correctly. Also, support provision of schedules to the Financial Reporting team.
- Prepare draft tax calculations for review as aids to filling and rendering statutory returns.
- Prepare required regulatory reporting.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance / Business Management.
- Relevant professional certification, e.g. ICAN / CITN, is mandatory.
- +5 years’ experience in tax management / consulting.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Tax Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building
- Attention to Detail
- Workload Management.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love