Staff Writer at NDSL (Abuja, Lagos)
NDSL is a Digital Online Publishing Company, publishing creative and entertaining financial news with focus on Personal Finance and based in Abuja and Lagos State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Writer
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to recruit individuals to lead a wide coverage on financial markets, monetary and fiscal policies and the banking sector in Nigeria. The individuals are expected to create contents specifically on Life, Money, Planning, Economy, Family & Money, Mortgage, Insurance, Personal Taxes, Loans, and Banking amongst others.
- The individual is expected to deliver updates and analysis that allow the public to witness and understand personal finance, keep the public informed by providing standard content, such as news reports, reviews and features and perform detailed research on various topics as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for this role should possess amazing writing skills to create compelling and engaging content. He/she should be a wordsmith and fluent with grammar and punctuation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Develop objective and accurate content to meet target audience expectations.
- Build contacts and sources to use in future research
- Contribute to content idea generation for publications.
The Ideal applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Proven professional experience as a staff/content writer majorly on finance related subjects
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Creative Writing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject.