State Clinician at Heartland Alliance Ltd/Gte
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expertis…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Others
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Akwa Ibom
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
With technical oversight from the Treatment Advisor, incumbent is responsible for and ensures acceptable medical standard of care and benchmarks including a plan of care in accordance with national guidelines and international best practices is provided for all clients seen at the OSS. He/She is also obligated with supervision responsibility of the OSS team to ensure quality and timely delivery of friendly, not stigmatizing care to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of all clinical related activities within and outside the One Stop Shop (OSS) and represents HAN in technical working groups at the state level
- Ensures clinical related services are provided within and outside the OSS in an ethically, legally and morally sound environment for the benefit of the clients
- Drive the enrolment and retention of all HIV positive clients into care, treatment and support services
- Serves as focal person for ART enrolment, leadership of the switch committee and management of virally unsuppressed clients
- Responsible for the attainment of ART treatment cascade goals for the field office
- Lead in the provision of care, treatment and support services for HIV positive clients at the field level
- Lead the implementation of add-ons clinical interventions and management of co-morbidities among KP PLHIV and Serves as coordinator of HAN trauma informed mental health services at the field level
- Lead in the provision of STI management services at the field office level
- Support the Research unit, documentation, and publications
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree in Medicine
- Clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment (2years preferable)
- Excellent and proven knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Experience in training and excellent interpersonal skills
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred
- Medium- level computer skills in MS Excel, Access and Office
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
- The employee will be required to work directly with populations that are vulnerable and at high risk of HIV and Human rights violation.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love