Store Sales Associate at Ruff 'n' Tumble – Lagos & Rivers
Ruff ‘n’ Tumble is an indigenous premium brand for quality children’s clothing, shoes and accessories. The brand was founded by Adenike Ogunlesi in 1996 as a solution to the unavailability of quality kids’ clothing and to showcase the possibilities that abound in Nigeria. We are thought leaders in retail fashion and in the kids’ fashion space, creating well-tailored garments that are fun, on trend and colorful; giving children extreme confidence when worn.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Sales Associate
Locations: Lagos and Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Retail Operations
Main Objective of the Job
- A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, generating sales, involved in local marketing and merchandising, and safeguarding company assets in the outlet.
- The Job is primarily focused on making sales to achieve the store’s financial targets.
In-Store Process Compliance:
- Ensure that transactions such as exchanges, customer order, lay away, alterations are carried out in accordance to their respective SOPs.
- Ensure adherence to store sales processes
In-Store Customer Engagement:
- Provide a warm welcome to customers and prospects using the Ruff’n’Tumble greeting.
- Engage and provide helpful guidance to customers using great product knowledge and available tools (such as the Look-book) to meet the customer’s need.
- Offer add-ons (e.g. accessories) to customers to complement and maximize their basket size.
- Responsible for putting the customer through the registration process with accurate data capture.
- Offer useful suggestions and alternatives to customers by cross-selling and up-selling in order to maximize their basket size.
- Provide the customer with basic insights on the unique and definite selling points of merchandise offered including helpful education on the care of merchandise.
- Assist in the careful fitting of customer’s child(ren) into selected merchandise.
Store Till Management:
- Courteously support in carrying the customer selected item in the shopping basket to the till for payment to be taken.
- Accurately scan all items selected by customer unto the system with zero error rates.
- Ensure the amount received as payments tallies with the receipt total and that payments are taken accurately by whichever mode of payment(s) chosen by the customer.
- Ensure to keep the cash drawer locked and safe.
- You are responsible for proper documentation and safeguarding of items such as change float, POS receipt print outs, vouchers and proceeds from other third party product sales.
- Accurately fill and sign the Cash Transfer/Safe Register and be witness to the movement of cash from the till to the vault.
In-Store Inventory Management:
- Responsible to balance the day’s sales against the Z-Out and are also accountable for any discrepancy that occurs.
- Meticulously receiving merchandise shipped into the store using the transfer slip.
- Ensuring that the merchandise details (Prices, Code, Age/size and description) tally on the tag against transfer slip.
- Ensuring that only merchandise in sellable condition is admitted into the store.
- Ensuring the proper handling of merchandise during display, storage and sales to avoid damage or loss.
- Adhering strictly to the process of transferring merchandise out of store with full documentation.
Store Ambience and Visual Merchandising:
- Maintaining store window display to our standard with props and mannequins cleaned and fully adorned in compliance with the instructions given per time/season.
- General organization of items within the store such as table toppers, signage, flyers, files, stationary, stacking of storage boxes, personal belongings and other utensils.
- Proper display of merchandise (stacking, folding, hanging and alignment) in accordance to visual display of merchandise.
- Maintain proper lighting at all times.
- Ensure the approved playlist is continuously played at the right volume
Store Level Brands and Marketing:
- Support store leads in in-store execution of campaigns or promos as would be directed by retail operation man marketing unit.
- Accurate communication of ongoing campaigns or promos to customers and prospects.
- Proper use, distribution, care and preservation of brand communication/promo materials e.g. branded note books, fliers, signage, uniforms etc.
- Promoting Ruff’n’Tumble social media asset and growing followership.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.