Under the supervision of the Workshop Manager in Abuja, Storekeeper 2 is responsible for the proper handling and storage of goods in the Fleet Stores in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles independently store keeping activities according to the supervisor instructions.
- Executes independently adhoc, semi-annual and annual inventories and spot check and compiles associated reports
- Keep up to date the Fleet database regarding order and receipts.
- Ensure correctness of spare parts issued on Job Card (JC) i.e., quantities and prices.
- Follow ICRC logistics procedures.
- Receive GVA and local purchases according to the supervisor instructions.
- Keep the Fleet database up to date regarding Parts Order (PO).
- Ensure quality control of receiving goods.
- Planning, for casting and ordering of adhoc and bulk spare parts orders.
- Monitor stock level and adjust whenever needed.
- Receive process and dispatch Request Order (RO) according to the supervisor instructions.
- Report any irregularity and Issue spare parts to corresponding Job Card (JC) on Fleet Management Software.
- Keep the storeroom and shelves clean and functional.
- Initiate and control use of PPEs, manage tools and equipment.
- Upon request conducts spot check of sub-delegation fleet stock location to support team in spare-parts storage, handling, planning, and issuance SOP’s.
- Acts as country focal point for workshop waste consolidation and disposal through accredited/selected contractors.
- Performing any other activities upon request of immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of an OND (Ordinary national Diploma). Some college coursework completed, professional diploma or an Associate Degree is an asset.
- 2-4 years working experience in a similar position.
- Proven recent work experience in spare-parts management, supply-chain, purchasing, logistics or automotive engineering is required.
- Computer Proficiency i.e., Word, Excel, Microsoft essential.
- Previous experience with supply chain and Fleet Management software systems (such as JD Edward and Chevin FleetWave) and OEM spare-parts platforms a strong asset.
Desired profile and Skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and precision.
- Initiative and honest
How to apply
How to Apply
- Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200318 Storekeeper 2 ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
– Current location
– Languages you speak
– Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 19.08.2022, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.