Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Reports To: Director, MEL
Location: Kwara and Niger
The Strategic Information Advisor will support the ACE project on all SI related implementation and data management. S/he will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the SI team and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy. S/he will additionally design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making. s/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance district-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of HIV burden across interventions (95-95-95 cascade). S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to design and implement strategy to build capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
· Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
· Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
· Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
· Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
· Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources.
· Participates in the organization and facilitation of subnational performance review meetings;
· Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
· Participates in the organization and facilitation of seminars, brainstorming workshops and workshops within their field of competence, whenever this is required;
· Prepares periodic reports of activities; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualification/ Experience:
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology and other related fields with 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
· Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
· Core Strategic Information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, NDR, LAMIS, PowerBI etc.
· Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
· Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
How to apply:
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to [email protected] using “Strategic Information Advisor, Kwara” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Tuesday 5th April 2022
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org