Strategic Information Manager, Nigeria Monitoring Project, Abuja, Nigeria
Strategic Information Manager,
Nigeria Monitoring Project,
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase BHA and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
**Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
The Strategic Information Manager will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams, and implementing partners on the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices. The Strategic Information Manager will oversee the assembling, synthesis, and communication of technical information to BHA and its implementing partners. The manager will lead the organization of knowledge-sharing events internally or externally with BHA and implementing partners. They will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets, data systems and workflows. The Strategic Information Manager will lead the drafting, editing, and quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables. The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Develop resources to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge to improve utilization of NMP’s monitoring findings.
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection and reporting methodologies and potential systemic issues.
- Provide strategic leadership for the growth of knowledge management in collaboration with the NMP team.
- Advise NMP dashboard developers on the dashboard’s information and display requirements.
- Work with the DCOP, COP, and the data team to ensure that monitoring, evaluation, and learning information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes.
- Lead analysis and higher-level contextual analysis as required.
- Produce monthly and quarterly statistical and analysis reports.
- Respond to routine and ad hoc information inquiries.
- Perform data quality control reviews during the drafting of reports.
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans.
- Support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Lead the development of products to disseminate findings, conclusions, and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning, and adaptation.
- Assist the DCOP and COP with other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in information management, economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics, or related fields is required. A Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of professional-level experience in information management of donor-funded projects (e.g., USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required.
- Experience in strategic planning, design, and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze, and use data and share/communicate information with various actors in different environments.
- Experience with drafting technical reports.
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Experience with basic statistical packages, such as SPSS, and user knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals required.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com