Supply Chain Team Leader- Procurement
Job title: Supply Chain Team Leader- Procurement
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: Supply Chain Team Leader-Borno
Supply Chain Manager
Area Manager Borno
Maiduguri, Borno State
Area of Operation
Type of Contract (Expat/National/Trainee)
Salary & Benefits
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
Supply Chain Team Leader-Borno provides support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
Coordinate with Supply Chain Manager and the team to make sure:
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Trackers are updated on regular bases.
- Dyanmics PRs and POs are processed within the timeline and clear none-processed ones.
- DRC procrement handbook is followed and in place.
- Archiving system, both soft copies and hard copies of documents as per procedure.
- Support field based with preparing their RFQs and ITBs relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender), reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the conformity of the item to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database and liaise with the Assets department
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
- Supervise supply chain unit team in Borno.
- Provide technical and leadership for supply chain team, who are directly reporting this position.
- Manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Set performance objectives and annual appraisal for supply chain unit staff.
- Manage and minimize the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- In consultation with Supply Chain Manager, plan and manage the capacity building of all staff, in addition to providing support to programme staff on relevant procedures and processes.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 4 years experience in procurement management in the international NGO.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of supply chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Experience in ERP System.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- People management and leadership skills in the INGO
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain management, procurement, business administration, and with relevant professional certification.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
Required Skills & Qualities
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS STAFF ONLY. * Application Process
Are you interested? Then apply for this position online: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications close on the 5th of August 2022 at midnight (GMT-time). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 06:41:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!