Suspath is a growing and independent organisation which specializes in waste management and environmental sustainability. As well as providing quality and cost effective waste management services to our customers, we strive to achieve a sustainable environment by promoting and encouraging less reliance on raw material and the reduction and reuse of waste. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waste Compactor Truck Driver
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an experienced truck driver to drive and operate waste collection trucks and collect residential and commercial waste along assigned routes for disposal at specified sites.
- There is a special bonus if you are willing to work as a Driver and Refuse Collector.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operates mechanisms on truck to secure and collect waste; ensures that load is properly balanced, covered, and contained; and monitors activities of workers on the back of truck for safety
- Inspects and prepares equipment for safe and proper operation before beginning work for the day. Performs light maintenance on equipment, which includes changing oil, refuelling, and refilling lubricants
- Cleans vehicles and mounted equipment upon completion of assignments and secures vehicle after use
- Drives semi-automatic or fully automatic trucks to collect waste along an assigned routes on a daily basis.
- Drives trucks to specified recycling or dump sites on a daily basis
- Instructs packers and loaders and monitors collection activities to ensure timely completion of routes
- Provides coverage as needed. Responds to emergency/disaster situations. Provides assistance to other employees or departments and performs other related duties as required.
- Good knowledge of Abeokuta and neighbouring town
- Good customer service skills showing respect and good manners to customers and road users
- Physically fit as the role is physically demanding
- Two years of experience driving and operating heavy trucks, preferably waste collection trucks
- Full Driver’s License
- Able to work Monday to Saturday and some Sundays
Job Title: Waste Compactor Truck Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
- We are a growing waste management company with a passion for keeping the environment clean and safe. We provide household and commercial waste collection services to our customers.
- We are looking for a hard working and determined Truck Supervisor to join our growing team in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Refuse Truck Supervisors work from depots, allocating work to teams and ensuring they complete it to schedule at the required standard. Your duties will include:
- Supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in collecting garbage and other refuse and transporting them to disposal plants or areas.
- Assigning routes and trucks to workers, allocating work to teams and ensuring they complete it to schedule at the required standard.
- Supervising maintenance and repair of trucks.
- Checking worksheets and observing streets to see that work has been completed.
- Ensuring that teams have the right clothing and equipment, ensuring health and safety practises are followed and checking and authorising payment claims.
- Keeping records, monitoring drivers’ daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring their working hours and truck availability.
- Carrying out risk assessments and investigating any accidents or incidents that happen.
- Investigating and documenting customers’ complaints regarding illegal dumping, littering, nuisance properties, and trash disposal.
- Resolving work problems and recommending measures to improve work methods
- Performing other duties as required
- Relevant qualifications or demonstrable work experience with the right attitude to work
- Highly organized analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines under pressure
- Must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in a Waste Management, Haulage / transport or Logistics company with a good knowledge of waste management and Abeokuta town.
- This is a full-time job with early morning (around 7am) starts. Occasional weekend work may be required. In some areas, workers may have to cover seven-day 24-hour operations.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2020