Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Sustainability Advisor for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent local travel. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Under supervision of the Chief of Party, oversee the development and writing of project sustainability and transition plan within first 180 days.
• Liaise with project technical teams to review and revise activity designs to ensure maximum sustainability and ability to be transitioned to local actors.
• In consultation with government stakeholders, design and plan for innovative financing mechanisms to transfer health workers and other key interventions to government funding in the future.
• Assess both needs and capacity of government entities to take on funding and management of HIV interventions.
• Regularly travel to Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States to provide direct support.
• Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Extensive experience working for or in close collaboration with state and local governments in Nigeria required.
• Strong familiarity with government bodies in some or all of the Task Order 03 states (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe) strongly preferred.
• Experience in human resources for health, public sector health financing, HIV service delivery, and other key technical areas preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with high-level government stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Fluency in English is required.
How to apply:
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/nigeria_sharp_to3 by April 17, 2020. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.