Tax and Treasury Accountant at Montego Upstream Services Limited
Montego is an independent diversified natural resources company. We apply skill, market intelligence and entrepreneurial resources to everything we do.
Tax and Treasury Accountant
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
· To ensure effective custody and management of all company funds through complete documentation of all bank and cash transactions and reconciliation of Bank and Petty Cash balance in the General ledger.
- To ensure tax remittances and statutory payments are properly accounted for, remitted and filed in order to prevent penalties
- Makes all payment for – prepares telegraphic transfer instructions (Naira and Foreign currency), maintains and administers petty cash (Nigeria and foreign currency)
- Monitors and processes banking transactions
- Liaise with various banks where company accounts are maintained.
- Enforces policies, procedures and internal controls related to bank and cash operations.
- Prepares and submits a daily cash report for all bank accounts. This details the company’s cash positions in all banks.
- Assists with cash flow planning so that all debt payment and other obligations are paid timely and ensure accurate and timely transfer of funds to meet foreign payment obligations.
- Collection and receipting of all proceeds and cash calls received by the company
- Ensure safety and security of all cash and cheques by putting them in the safe at the close of business on a daily basis.
- Handling of Treasury related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts assigned-Naira and Dollar.
- Timely remittance and reconciliations on remittances made with Tax authorities
- Timely payment and filing of statutory payments (WHT; PPT; CIT; NCD and VAT)
- Filing of Transfer pricing
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
·Accounting Graduate with 3 years of work experience in similar role
Relevant Professional Qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of final stage in Professional Examinations
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIOURAL EXPECTATIONS
- Proficiency in Ms-office applications
- Proficient in the use of accounting software package
- Basic knowledge of banking operations
- Knowledge of tax remittance rates, regulations and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking and coordination
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below