Teacher Education Officer at Education Development Center (EDC/NEI Plus Project)
EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to education that builds knowledge and skill, makes possible a deeper understanding o…
Read more about this company
Teacher Education Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field Education / Teaching
Position: Sokoto Teacher Education Officer – USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education
Regular – Full-Time – Sokoto, Nigeria
Education Development Center (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading non profit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements. and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide.
Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
The USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria’s Northern States. Reading
Expert/Teacher Education Officer will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support
activities at the national and state level. The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management. This
position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the Sokoto Reading Officer.
Lead integrated state and Local Government Education Authority (LGEA), State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), and School-Based Management Committee (SBMC) working groups
and steering committees in the following tasks:
a. Identification of education priorities
b. Assessment of education standards
c. Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
d. Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed
- Work closely with the Reading Officer to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data, including quarterly reports, M&E data, financial information, etc.
- Support the development of reading curriculum and standards in colleges of education in collaboration with NCCE and state based colleges of education
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, and with the Reading Officer to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and
- project troubleshooting
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Candidates must demonstrate at least eight years of experience in the education sector, with at least
- five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context. In addition, candidates
- must demonstrate at least five years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of
- a similar scope to this activity. Monitoring and evaluation is a key component and candidates must
- demonstrate at least five years’ technical experiece in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
Education The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the social sciesnces or related field.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to [email protected]
with “Teacher Education Officer” in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested and qualified? Go to Education Development Center (EDC) on go.edc.org to apply