Team Lead, Networks and IT Infrastructures at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Networks and IT Infrastructures
- Defined compliance and substantive tests using CAAT software (e.g. Audit Command Language (ACL) and SQL square navigator on the following areas of the bank’s activities i.e. design and implemented short- and long-term strategic plans, application systems operations, database operations, network security, funds transfer security audit, contingency planning/disaster recovery process, network connection, modifications, etc
- Document findings (including identified control weaknesses/lapses) and proffer appropriate recommendations to ensure the optimal use of IT to support business objectives in a controlled manner
- To Interface with the IT and ORM in Risk Management (as a delegate) to provide optimal support for the division’s (i.e. Corporate Audit and Compliance) tools and the system as well as in the execution of IT audit assignments, resolutions of issues, and implementation of effective control measures/ mechanisms when the Head, IT Audit is not available
- Work with the external auditors and regulatory examiners (as a delegate) and provide required assistance in their conduct of regulatory and statutory review/examination of the Bank’s IT-related transactions and activities when the Head, IT Audit is not available
- Participate in Test done on network/server performance, network/server performance statistics, process reviews/redesigns as well as systems upgrade/implementation efforts to ensure that appropriate system controls considerations are effectively taken on board and implemented
- Ensure participation as a delegate to the Departmental meetings and activities when the Head, IT Audit is not available
- Monitor adequacy of security and control built into the bank’s computer system, network performance monitoring tool, analyze network performance across the organization’s LANs.
- Perform other assigned jobs by Group Chief Inspector
- Functionally reports to: Group Head, IT & Digital Banking Audit
- Administratively reports to: Group Head, IT & Digital Banking Audit
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Professional certifications like CISCO, CISA, CISM, CRISK, CISSP, MICROSOFT, and other network operating systems will be an added advantage.
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on networking experience
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2021.