Technical Delivery Manager, Client Experience (Remote) at Andela Nigeria
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Andela is a global talent accelerator that produces world-class remote developers and connects them with top employers. Andela finds the brightest young people in Africa and gives them the training and mentorship needed to thrive as full-time, remote developers for companies around the world. The company is backed by investors including Steve Case, Omidyar N…
Read more about this company
Technical Delivery Manager, Client Experience
- Job Type Full Time , Remote
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Other
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Locations: Kenya, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda
About the Role
- As Andela evolves into a marketplace for global talent, the Technical Delivery organization also evolves its model for delivering high quality software engineering services for our Clients.
- Our core delivery model is embedded teams of software engineers who are remote and distributed. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes and protocols necessary to scale with our Clients.
- To ensure success, you’re focused on embedded delivery management, performance management, and delivery health & reporting. This success enablement can span post-sale technical clarity, onboarding risk management, ownership of ongoing delivery objectives, relationship building with Engineering Managers, capturing team’s impact, and mitigating churn by managing team’s performance, pulse-check and knowledge transfer.
- You always have an eye on how to ensure stability in delivery through a period of high change.
- You drive value for Partners / Engineers with your core competencies, creatively adapt to changing needs across industries, and amiably collaborate with stakeholders to create value propositions – in service to engineering magic of what Andela does.
- We are thus seeking seasoned Technical Delivery Managers who are passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and know what it takes to lead Engineering teams to successfully deliver for Clients.
- As the Technical Delivery Manager of Client Experience, you will collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups in Client Success, Client Support, Account Management, HR Business Partners and across Andela, to create a cohesive, integrated approach that enables delivery.
- You will create value by managing Engineers’ performance to fulfill Clients’ technical requirements. You’ll identify Client’s engineering gaps and partner to drive solutions that establish Andela teams as their most dependable delivery centers.
You are constantly asking yourself:
- How do I better ensure Andela Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela Engineering teams?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Engineering teams are prepared, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our Clients?
You are eager for the challenge of providing exceptional engineering services. You have a high EQ and a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Manage the technical aspects on Andela’s engagements, in a distributed environment, to deliver with excellence for Andela’s clients.
- Be the main escalation point and trusted collaborator for your clients, advising them on process improvements, team makeup, roadmap alignment, and issue resolution.
- Enforce engineering best practices to ensure quality is delivered.
- Vet engineers for proper technical aptitude and cultural fit for engagements and help to onboard them appropriately.
- Be aware of all aspects of your engagement, including client company/team make-up, relevant stakeholders and members, existing products, process, pain-points, and when possible, the roadmap.
- Manage the clients technical delivery objectives with respect to the Andela engineers, specifically; priorities, trade-offs, risks and escalations, working closely with your Client Success and Account Management counterparts.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new and emerging engineering delivery capabilities to drive improved value, quality, and velocity for our teams.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the prioritization, performance, and stability.
- Foster a culture of excellence, passion, integrity and Collaboration and be a role model of our core values
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Client Success, Talent Solutions, Account Management) and members of the external Client
- Engineering department in multiple countries to staff and support our Clients.
- When working on project-based engagements, maintain and produce kick-off plans, progress reports, agile reports, risk analysis reports, and stakeholder reviews, as needed.
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 4 years hands-on in a software engineering role.
- A minimum of 2 years in technical leadership and / or engineering management role.
- Technical proficiency in at least one core language.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern environments and build pipelines, standards and best practices, and development tools.
- Experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting, and / or software product management.
- Experience working in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of roles, processes, core metrics, and how to strategically increase team velocity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Scrum Master certification and / or PMP / PMI certification preferred.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love