Technical Director (Programs) at DAI
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
Technical Director (Programs)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance
Urban Adolescent Health program
Reports to: Chief of Party
Project Duration: 4.5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health (YPE4AH) activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020. The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information, as well as referrals to local facilities. The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
- The Technical Director will be responsible for programmatic, technical and financial state level leadership. S/He will be responsible for management of and reporting on USAID YPE4AH program activities, making decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and program quality and integrity and serving as the program’s first point of interface with consortium partners on routine and strategic matters in the state; particularly
- for multi-sectoral partnerships, capacity development to local partners, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities. This includes ensuring effective organizational management and communication with stakeholders at the National, State, LGA, Community levels, other implementing partners, ministries, departments and agencies, working closely with the Sr. Technical Director (based in Kano). S/he will lead development of certain aspects of work plans,
- ensure adherence to proposed budgets as well as build and maintain relationships with local communities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with consortium partners to implement the work plan and ensure harmonization with the State strategic plan as it relates to adolescent health programming.
- Foster a productive working relationship between USAID YPE4AH Team and partner organizations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at the State and Local Government levels,
- and with USG implementing partners.
- Manage all programmatic activities implemented via the Lagos office.
- Provide technical assistance and oversight functions to sub-recipients in the implementation and overall management of the project.
- Support relevant partners in the design and implement SBCC, identify innovative approaches including results
- measurements, to show achievement of programme targets.
- Work closely with other program management team e.g. Youth Advocacy Officer, Outreach Officer, Project Coordinator etc. to support and oversee capacity building, advocacy, community-based sensitization and
- engagement, appropriate linkage and referral activities to health facilities, and support for retention in adolescent SRHR/FP/ services in accordance with project work plan, targets, national policy, guidelines, and
- program SOPs.
- Lead development of Lagos focused portions of the Implementation Plan, and work with the Sr Technical Director to develop all training manual/curricula and other various standard operational procedures (SoP)
- Monitor annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization of YPE4AH project result framework.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports by the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
- Lead the development of Lagos State related contributions to the annual, quarterly donor and government report writing including management and updates. Foster collaborative relationships with Lagos government
- and key stakeholders to ensure community buy in and sustainability of the YPE4AH activities.
- Work closely with the Private Sector Partnerships Lead to mobilize private partners’ support and other team members to create an interconnected system that promotes holistic care for our target group.
- Assist in the analysis of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related
- activities. Ensure data collection takes place appropriately for Lagos based activities.
- Ensure that project results and lessons learned are shared within Lagos.
- Represent the YPE4AH Health project at various meetings, technical working groups and relevant forums.
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Program Officer for Lagos State.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional work experience on a U.S Government funded project will be preferred and an added advantage
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating
- multiple partners and stakeholders, and oversight of staff.
- Understanding of the Nigerian (or similar) social and political context and developments in the health sector
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with government and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private
- sector and other donors.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID funded projects, regulations, compliance and reporting.
- Ability to support and build the project’s capacity in social mobilisation and behaviour change communications.
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH, State Health Management Board, SPHCDA structures and functions
- especially as it relates to Adolescent, Family Planning and Reproductive health is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and team-building skills.
- Ability to speak a local language fluently in the respective project state is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing and supervising technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating multiple partners and stakeholders, and oversight of staff.
- Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and sound presentation skills; fluency in English language is essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skill in MS Office packages is required
- Fluency in local language will be an added advantage
- Understand cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability of states (Lagos and Kano).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by email to [email protected], using the position title as subject of the mail, no later than 22nd January 2021. DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com)
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love