Technical Lead at BandQ Dredging Limited (BQD)
B&Q Dredging Limited (BQD), a subsidiary of Nestoil Group is a wholly Nigerian Company, that provides all facets of dredging & marine logistics services of global standard. BQD employs a multinational management team and a staff complement of over 130 highly motivated and experienced Nigerians to provide dredging, flood and erosion control, shoreline protection and consolidation, canalization, urban Renewal and reclamation to National & Sub-National Governments; Government Agencies, Energy, Construction, and Oil & Gas industries.
At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced candidate to join our diverse team in our Dredging Company within the capacity below:
Job Title: Technical Lead
- In this role, you will ensure efficient and safe daily technical operations of the Dredgers and other Marine Fleet.
As a Technical Lead, you will be Responsible for:
- Managing all technical matters and ensuring that safety is being given the highest priority.
- Managing financial budgets and cost control for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry dockings, while ensuring compliance with Industry, Class and International regulations.
- Maintaining close communication with the Workshop Manager and advise on repairs overhauls, etc., You will also manage OEM companies and lead, develop and coach assigned crew on all matters (Safety, Technical).
Co-operating and working across all onshore departments.
- Ensuring that all international requirements are in order.
Initiating innovations, savings and improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Monitoring the quality of all service providers.
- Preparing periodic and adhoc high-quality and credible project monitoring reports to aid Management decision.
- Ensuring strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and complying with safe work methods as required.
- Maintenance, repairs, planned maintenance, dry docking and modifications to the dredgers, vessels and machineries.
- Following up on the performance of the vessels and arranging corrective actions to be carried out when necessary.
What are we Looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Relevant MSc (in Marine Engineering) is an added advantage
- Member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
- Certification in Marine Engineering
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read and interpret designs
- Has passion for excellence and working in a fast-paced technical operations environment
- Has extremely good trouble shooting skills
- Ability to train current staffs
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO 9001 as well as relevant code rules and regulations
- Strong understanding of health and safety best practices
- Attention to details; very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team-building approach and management style
- Relevant training and professional certifications
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Marine Engineer, preferably sailed for a minimum of 3 years as C/E or 2Eng Onboard offshore vessels/dredgers
- Proven technical ability as a Technical Superintendent or a similar position in the marine industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.