Technical Sales Engineer at a Multinational Construction Company – Machineyard
Machineyard.com.ng – Our client, a Multinational Construction company based in Nigeria, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Technical Sales Engineer
- Job TypeContract
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
3 – 5 years
- Job Field
Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job Type: Contract
- The Technical Sales Engineer primary responsibility is to deliver product demonstrations, network with clients and expand the company sales territories across the country.
- Negotiates and closes sales.
- Meets and exceeds sales targets
- Responsible for account management of existing customers, as well as finding new prospects and establishing new business.
- Makes technical presentations and provides customers with technical knowledge of the products available.
- Prepares quotes, arranges delivery of products where required and obtains invoices for forwarding to customers.
- Visits customers, surveys sites and discusses any potential requirements customers may have.
- Conducts marketing campaigns and promotion by engagement of contractors, artisans, etc., through group & individual meetings. Attending trade shows, seminars and similar relevant events.
- Generates detailed visit reports after each site visit, and provides customers with quotations based on surveys.
- Handles customer quality/ application complaints and works with Technical/Product Development to resolve and address internally corrective actions in co-operation with Manufacturing/ Customer Services/ other.
- Identify new product opportunities from market/site visits and share information with Technical/Product Development and Manufacturing in developing new range of mortars to ensure our products meet customer expectations
- Customer Quality/ Application complaints: Ownership of closing customer complaints. Work internally to resolve corrective actions in co-operation with Manufacturing/ Customer Services/ other.
- Graduate / Post-Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering or related course
- 3-5 years in Building/ Infrastructure construction and/ or Technical Services in Building Materials sector is essential.
- Hands on construction experience in buildings.
- Knowledge of mortar material properties & their application.
- Knowledge of local and international building standards/ specifications.
- Ability to communicate and simplify technical literature.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
ote: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Machineyard career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply