Technical Sales Manager at Concrete Logistics Limited
Concrete Logistics Limited is a concrete waterproofing and construction service company and have operated in the Nigerian Market for over 8 years. We have built a strong reputation working with many of the leading construction firms and consultants in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
About Your Job
Specialize in selling technical services and products. As a manager, you will play a part in every stage of the sales process from planning the sales script to closing the sale and you must meet your monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your core duties and responsibilities will be as follows plus any other work that your Line Manager may deem relevant to your job:
- Maximize market potential by developing and maintaining a network of professional relationships with contractors, applicators and distributors within assigned territory to create a competitive advantage for CLL, by creating, tracking and converting CCL specifications and converting competitor specifications on construction projects.
- Responsible for travelling to customer locations, understanding technical challenges Responsible to know and understand all products availability, use, benefits and pricing structure.
- Prepare and deliver samples and/or quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise to turn the quote into a sale.
- Consult with customers and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the required applications.
- Assist in conducting market analysis and presenting findings to Managing Director to develop and enhance the product offerings.
- Partner with the marketing team to contribute information towards the marketing strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from the industry.
- Working with the Managing Director to meet and exceed sales targets for new business.
- Utilizing corporate resources and initiating the sales process build and nurture new accounts as well as prospect and build new relationships.
- Participation in new and changed product development, formulation and specification of these products.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Sets-up and organizes individual work area designated supplies, forms and resource materials while maintaining cleanliness at all times.
- Introduce, demonstrate and promote all current and new products.
- Maximize market penetration in the territory.
- Conduct presentations and technical training sessions.
- Achieve area monthly budgeted sales by driving increased sales and market position.
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and seek new projects and delivering effective customer service.
- Develop and manage an opportunity pipeline of projects with significant revenue opportunities for CCL and track using CRM system.
- Drive revenue through key contacts at all levels including owners, architects, QS, consultants, general contractors and applicators.
- Work close with CCL marketing to successfully promote new technologies and services.
- Leverage CLL product range to maximize revenue per project. Develop awareness of competitive products and marketing practices and keep management informed.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, exhibitions, association meetings and trade shows.
- Provide input in contractual agreements for products and services.
- Promote CLL products and services by attending tradeshows and prospecting new customers.
- Present a highly professional company image at all times, operating to a high ethical and legal code of conduct.
- Maintains client and company confidence by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team member and management in a team environment.
- Presents oneself at all times in suitable businesslike dress, appearance and behaviour.
- Daily submission of technical sales activity report.
- Monthly submission of 3 Month rolling forecast by projects.
Education, Skills and Experience
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience of selling within the construction industry with a proven successful track record in sales.
- Has a degree or HND in Architecture, Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
- Key attributes associated with this role include excellent technical and commercial skills.
- Civil, Building, Structural Engineering, or Architectural professional qualification preferred but not essential.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to understand and communicate value propositions of construction products and systems.
- Excellent presentation skills to individuals and groups.
- Proven abilities in account prospecting and management.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and procurement process from design to award of contract. With the ability to understand influencers and decision-makers within the decision-making process.
- Ability to read technical construction drawings.
- Professional and mature attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficient in Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook, CRM.
- Good time management and telephone skills.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Apploication and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.