Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) at the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist (Lab Systems)
Supervisor: Senior Technical Specialist (Lab Systems)
Duration of contract: 33 months
- The Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) position is designed to support the timely implementation of all the project’s laboratory system strengthening objectives.
- S/he will support the strengthening of laboratory competencies and performance across the national, state and LGA levels of the health system.
- S/he will support project level data management including performance tracking of key indices.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the Sub-Recipients (SR) supporting the laboratory systems strengthening module, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to the overall grant management results
- Support the implementation of the activities of the laboratory program of the Global Fund Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant that supports delivery of comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services.
- Support the Project Coordinator on baseline and follow-on assessment of targeted Global Fund-supported laboratories enrolled into the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program and quality management system
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day of the laboratory Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system.
- Support the SR to develop concept notes and guidance documents in relation to interventions and activities
- Lead SR to conduct periodic programme reviews and development performance improvement plans
- Support capacity building for the corresponding laboratory systems strengthening SR staff and the state staff.
- Support the implementation of the project learning agenda for improved outputs and outcomes.
- Provide technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Document programmatic status and achievements and feedback to the Senior Technical Specialist on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
- Support the strengthening of laboratory management information systems as well as laboratory commodity logistics systems in country.
- Represent the project within the state and local laboratory stakeholders community.
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Medical Laboratory Sciences or other Related Field, Post-graduate degree and/or certification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ field level professional experience in managing laboratory component of supply chain management
- Experience working with the key stakeholders within the Nigerian lab services landscape including government and implementing partner landscapes.
- Experience in designing and implementing Laboratory system strengthening interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of laboratory systems guidance documents, strategic frame works, concept notes, SOPs, manuals etc.
- Experience designing and executing capacity building events including the development of training facilitation.
- Strong experience using the Logistics Management and Information System (LMIS) tools [electronic and paper-based] in Nigeria and hands-on experience with Nigeria Health Logistics Management and Information System (NHLMIS).
- Working experience in management of public health laboratory commodities pipeline.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2021.