Technical Stores Operator at Kimberly-Clark
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Technical Stores Operator
Job Ref: 803646
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- Provide Engineering spares support for Operations department to ensure EHS, quality, productivity and cost objectives are achieved.
- Promptly processing of customer requests to amend item descriptions, review stock levels & timeout ordering of additional materials for shutdown purposes.
- Stock transfers via Transaction SAP code from duplicated items & subsequent request to OTS Europe to delete items.
- Review customer request for re-instatement of items and subsequent communication to OTS to De-flag.
- Scrutinizing material Records for duplicate records, incorrect base units of measure, incomplete description & incorrect material types.
- Process request for re-classification of items e.g. Standard spares to reparable item and forward to Store leader for loading.
- Arrange the de-flagging of items to enable processing of corrections required by casting, followed by requesting deletion.
- Routing all material master amendments to Store Leader for capturing.
- Verifying entries on SAP to ensure accuracy.
- Daily stock records & reporting
- Maintain SAP records by updating bin allocations/part numbers/descriptions/min & max levels
- Assist team members with queries.
- Receive goods when required.
- Check MB51 report to confirm correct capturing of invoices/material requests
- Review internal controls procedures when required.
- Scrutinize dispatch notes for stock and non-stock send out for repairs/replacement. Follow up with end users for PR/PO numbers. Close of document once item is returned
- Report back to Engineering Manager on a monthly basis regarding out of stock issues (Complete a document for each incident and attach relevant communication and corrective action taken). This includes the MB51 checks and issues picked up with MR/Invoices
- Do 5 daily spot checks on stock delivered – Report to Engineering Manager monthly.
- Do a regular checks on material request to confirm bin cards are updated (Use MR’s submitted with MB51) – Report to Engineering Manager monthly
- Attend weekly meetings regarding: Safety & Housekeeping/HR issues/Cycle counts/Receiving/Out of stock issues/General
- National Diploma or equivalent in Engineering Discipline with 5 years’ experience in FMCG environment.
- Computer literate – SAP, Microsoft Excel/Outlook/Word
- Excellent communication skills.
- A sound knowledge and experience of procurement principles and inventory control are key requirements.
- Accounting background will be an advantage – Recon and balancing of stock
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
- A role in the new Lagos Mill.