Technical Superintendent at Trithel International Consulting
Trithel International Consulting – Our client in the Marine Services Sector is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the positon below:
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Engineering / Technical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- A thriving company in the Oil and Gas Marine service sector seeks to employ an intelligent, analytical, hardworking individual as its Technical Superintendent.
- This Company owns a number of offshore going crew vessels and also owns a maintenance workshop for the repairs/maintenance of the vessel.
- The successful candidate will therefore be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the base within the sphere of authority granted, will represent the company in all technical operation matters.
- Participate in budget preparation to ensure understanding of required levels of activity.
- Seek to ensure cost control and efficiency of base functions by carrying out frequent cost analysis and ensuring vessel staff compliance with management policies and maritime regulations.
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition.
- Ensure that base assets and functions adequately meet the needs of operations.
- Initiates adequate controls to ensure efficient application of base assets and personnel to operational requirements.
- Initiate, drive and take ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal process within the organization meets business needs.
- Initiate and monitor all major maintenance and repair work in collaboration with maintenance department.
- Provide supervision to all personnel to ensure a safe and professional level of performance and ensure that the team remains apprised with current industry technology trends.
- Ensure that spares and consumables usage is kept under reasonable control without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
- Support technical operations through effective utilization of training workshops and support functions.
- Oversee and direct logistics and vessel assignments.
- Ensure quick and accurate reporting of any problem occurring at the base.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure its effectiveness.
- Oversee the documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Evaluate testing procedures to ensure that they meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
- Be acquainted with current industry trends and best practices to ensure changes in organizational process so as to facilitate organizational peak performance.
- Experienced in the preparation and implementation of Planned Maintenance System.
- Must also be experienced in the use, analysis and draw conclusion of PMS software.
- Must be experienced in the development of a maintenance strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- A very good degree in Engineering.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 year(s) cognate experience as a technical superintendent in a Marine oil service company or similar role in a Marine oil service company.
Skills and Abilities:
- Competent use of Ms Office, particularly Excel and PMS software.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player.
- Result Oriented
- Capable of handling difficult and stressful situations
- An excellent negotiator.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Technical Superintendent” as the subject of your mail.