The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond. To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director of Strategic Information (USAID TB LON)
Reports to: Chief of Party
- The Director of Strategic Information (DSI) will be the lead technical expert responsible for all Strategic Information related activities, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results of the project.
- S/he will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the activities in the project. The DSI will promote health system strengthening activities at all levels and collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all SI activities for the grant across supported states.
- Support community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their tuberculosis services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with national data systems.
- Provide technical guidance to state team on monitoring and evaluation processes including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress against annual targets, ensuring timely data collection, generating quarterly and annual reports.
- Participate in health system strengthening activities.
- Oversee the development and periodic review of program reporting protocols.
- Develop indicator matrices in line with indicator requirements for the project.
- Oversee the generation of all program reports including USAID quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports.
- Oversee the development of Performance Monitoring Plans and M&E plans for the project.
- Ensure data demand and use is institutionalized within the state program through the use of gap analyses, run charts and site fact sheets.
- Represent IHVN at meetings with funders, Government of Nigeria and other stakeholders on Monitoring &Evaluation related matters.
- Provide strategic technical assistance to government agencies, and wider state response on theories, strategies and approaches for monitoring and evaluation at the state level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs.
- Experience with the USAID and Global Funds Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The DSI is to have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes in data collection for performance-based reporting.
- S/he is to have understanding, experience and competency in working with community-led organizations.
- The DSI is to be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making, have demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S/he is to have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- S/he should be able to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats/visualizations.
- S/he is to have knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good understanding of the local and international tuberculosis environment.
- Knowledge of United States Government funded monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work during weekends.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 12th May, 2020.
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.