Torquing / Bolting Coordinator at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
Torquing / Bolting Coordinator – M / F
- Job TypeContract Full Time
Engineering / Technical
Ref. No.: 2020-15156
Contract duration: 4 months
- For one of his key project SPIE NIGERIA is actively looking for a Torquing / Bolting Coordinator.
- Manage the team of Torquing and Bolting operators
- Covering all bolting scopes
- Tensioning and torquing
- Recognize and rectify the faults with torque or tensioning equipment.
- Interpret joint or flange manufacturer identifying marks.
- Identify defects, distortion and surface irregularities on flange sealing faces and threads.
- Demonstrate ability in preparation of all joint components.
- Correct selection and assembly joint components.
- Diagnosis and rectification of problems with hydraulic equipment.
- Selection and correct installation of hydraulic torque or tensioning equipment.
- Correct application of various tightening techniques.
- Carrying out specified tightening sequence and subsequent tightening passes to ensure axial alignment and squareness of the joint assembly.
- Carrying out joint breakout safely and correctly.
- Carrying bolt ‘break loose’ tests (check passes) to check integrity of assembled tensioned assembly.
- Completion of a joint-record sheet.
- Integrity and inspection checks of completed joint assembly.
- Maintaining a personnel portfolio of joint assembly.
- Extensive experience in Oil & Gas
- Experience on offshore projects is mandatory
- Extensive experience working as a Torquing / Bolting Coordinator is mandatory
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
Interested and qualified? Go to SPIE Oil & Gas Services career website on spie-job.talent-soft.com to apply