Trainee System Engineer at VAB Solutions
VAB Solutions is an IT company delivering expertise, integration and outsourcing, based on Microsoft infrastructure, business productivity, security and Cloud technologies.
Established in 2017, with a team of experts with vast knowledge across the different IT domains, we are present in Lagos, Nigeria and with a growing number of staff.
Recognized for …
Read more about this company
Trainee System Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Trainee Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding customer base.
What does a systems engineer do?
- You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BSc / MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)