United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now
Job title: United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now
Job description: United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Risk Officer
Location: Lagos (Head Office)
Job Type: Permanent
- Measurement, monitoring and controlling of the market risks to which the Group is exposed.
- Implement consistent Market Risk Management policies and procedures across the Group.
- Minimize Position and Trading Losses
- Achieve high levels of Customer Satisfaction
Roles & Responsibilities
- Scan financial markets for relevant data to positions held by the bank, both financial and regulatory.
- Collect internal data for the head office and subsidiaries through the Bank’s operating systems.
- Data collection from various market intelligence reports that impact the Bank’s position.
- Collect bank data to identify the Bank’s market positions.
- Collect market data with reference to the various positions in order to be able to make comparisons.
- Prepare daily reports which show the position of the Bank, highlighting areas of concern and areas requiring improvement.
- Monitor set limits for compliance for the bank.
- Circulate reports to concerned parties and escalation of issues where the need arises.
- Prepare other Market Risk Reports.
- Prepare revaluation report for both the Held for Trading and Available for Sale portfolio of the Bank.
- Prepare Value-at-Risk Reports for the bank.
- Prepare Sensitivity Analysis for Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange portfolios – bank.
- Monitor deals consummated by treasury.
- Prepare Derivatives Valuation Report for the bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of GALCO Reports – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Group Risk Management Report – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Market Risk Snapshots for the Chairman – bank.
- Provide support in the Preparation of Board Reports – bank.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Basic accounting.
- Understand banking operations.
- Good grasp of balance sheet mapping .
- Above-average database management abilities.
- Highly numerate.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of accounting, and banking operations functions and be highly numerate.
- Must be analytical with good oral and written communication, and have good database management skills.
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
22nd July, 2022.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:51:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!