The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is a service organization statutorily charged with the responsibility of managing all Commercial Airports in Nigeria and providing services to both passengers and airlines.
To develop, provide and maintain Airports, necessary services and facilities for safe, orderly, expeditious and economic operation of Air Transport.
To provide adequate conditions under which passengers and goods may be carried by air and under which aircrafts may be used for other gainful purposes and prohibiting the carriage by air of goods of such classes as may be prescribed.
To charge for services provided by the authority at airports.
To provide accommodation and other facilities for the effective handling of passengers and freight.
Generally, to create conditions for the development in the most economic and efficient manner of air transport and the services connected with it.
To effectively perform and uphold her mandate, FAAN seeks to hire passionate, motivated and highly qualified candidates to fill positions at different locations throughout Nigeria.
Job Title:Assistant Fire Superintendent (AFS) – GL 06
The successful candidate will work with the Aerodrome Fire Officer to perform duties, both in emergency and non-emergency situations, related to fire protection and emergency response. He or she will carry out the following job functions:
1) Respond to fire incidents and conduct tasks including interior attack, ventilation, salvage, overhaul, or fire-ground support operations as directed.
2) Respond to emergency medical incidents and serve as a member of the medical team as directed.
3) Participate in emergency rescue operations and support specialized teams including various types of rescue incidents such as plane crash, electrical sparks, fast water trench, auto extrication, and building collapse
4) Drive emergency vehicles operated by the department except for pumper and aerial apparatus.
5) Participate in performing routine maintenance of all fire apparatus and tools of the Department.
Work closely with the HOD at the airports to ensure that prescribed duties at station level are properly carried out.
Minimum: of OND/ND from any recognized institution.
Pass Aptitude Test, Physical Fitness Test, and the Oral Job Interview.
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work in a team
Height: Men 1.65 Meters Women: 1.60 Meters
Not older than 30 Years
Share this job now with friends on your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin……Latest, most current jobs in Nigeria