Vacancy for Chief Accountant 1 at BASF West Africa Limited
BASF West Africa Limited – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant 1
Job Id: 44045
Job field: Finance, Controlling & Audit
Job conditions: Permanent
What You Can Expect
- Responsible for adherence to and compliance with company guidelines and procedures, and compliance with country legal regulations.
- All requirements of the business and function are carried out timeously and effectively within the department.
- Maintain the confidentiality of data within the organization.
- Responsible for the financial statements of the company.
Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform monthly tax calculations and annual income tax returns also ensuring provisional tax returns in accordance with local legislation
- Ensuring that adequate internal controls are implemented over general ledger
- Assist with monthly P& L preparation, analysis and reporting
- Checking of creditor reconciliations
- Preparation of annual financial statements in line with IFRS
- Active involvement and liaison with internal and external auditors
- Responsible for monitoring of accrual orders and its creation
- Ad hoc projects
- Submission and filing of tax returns
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end tax reporting
- Ensure adequate internal controls over taxes are implemented to ensure income tax compliance
- Posting of general journals & performing GL Recons on time. Ensuring clearing of old items, adequate documentation to support recons, and reasonability checks
- Performing various bank recons and ensuring all items are cleared timeously. Liaise with team members in the finance departments on clearing
- Perform finalization of the month end reporting
- And any other finance related functions.
What We Expect
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA/ ACA)
- Minimum 3 years in similar position
- Exposure in the Construction Chemicals (EB) industry
- High proficiency in SAP and MS Office.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment & on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer.
- We embrace diversity & the principles of employment equity.
Deadline: 5th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online