Vesa Fisheries is a frontline player involved in sales and marketing of frozen foods and other products. Vesa Fisheries has been serving the Nigerian economy for over 30 years, providing imported fresh and affordable frozen seafood to the Nigerian populace reaching out through our 3 branches in Lagos, Benin and Port Harcourt, thus creating value to customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
The Account Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensure that financial requisitions are justifiable.
- Inspect financial records to ensure accuracy and overall legal and regulatory compliance.
- Calculate taxes owed, prepare tax returns, and complete financial tax transactions.
- Balance company budget.
- Ensure financial statements are organized and maintained at all times.
- Notify management of any non-compliant employee financial practices.
- Reconcile accounts with the general ledger.
- Handle general account queries.
- Preparation of payroll.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Miscellaneous task to support the executive in the discharge of his duites; etc.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Minimum of Second-Class Upper Degree in Accounting. First class will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years previous experience a corporate Accountant.
Skills and Competency:
- Proficient computer skills, including ability to prepare spreadsheet;
- Good oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all level staff; etc.
N200,000 / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Accounts Officer-Benin” as the subject of the mail.
2nd August, 2022.