Vice Principal (Academics) at the Quest Schools
The Quest Schools – We are a reputable educational organization established to Identify talented learners from under-served communities, and helping them unlock their full potential by providing them with a world-class education, free of charge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice Principal (Academics)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Vice-Principal should be prepared to lead on such areas as curriculum development, timetabling, tracking and analysis of results, data behaviour management, pastoral care, external relations and community links, staff development, training and induction.
- AS the lead practitioner on the leadership team, the vice principal will also be centrally involved in the overall leadership and management of the college and will support the principal to establish a college culture that is both nurturing and rigorous.
The Vice-Principal will be required to:
- To work closely with the Principal to ensure the smooth overall operations of the school
- To share direct accountability for the successful delivery of the vision for the College as a whole.
- To lead, plan, manage and ensure the successful delivery of the college’s vision for individual student achievement that meets or surpasses expectation.
- To assist in the day to day running of the college and, as necessary, deputize for the Principal in his absence.
- To provide strategic leadership and direction to the college and its community to deliver high standards of achievement through a comprehensive programme of activities.
- To be a member of the College Leadership Team taking a corporate view of policy implementation and an appropriate share of the many and various tasks required of leaders.
- To ensure that all students across the full ability range have maximum support and opportunities to reach their full potential and achieve a position where they can become effective and valued stakeholders in modern society.
- Support committee of staff and parent to improve the learning and social environment of the school for the students
- Teach classes, develop rapport with the students, handle discipline issues and fill in for the principal when required
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Other Certifications will be an added advantage)
- Previous experience as a vice principal or in a similar role with a minimum of 4 years
- Successfully led, planned, managed and evaluated change which has had a significant impact at whole-school level.
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Proven track record of being able to inspire, challenge and motivate others to carry out the academy’s vision of transformation.
- Able to access, analyze and interpret information and data to drive school improvement and the raising of standards.
- A teaching license and registration may be required.
- Extensive teaching and administration experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent research and report writing abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- The ability to follow instructions but also come up with original ideas.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other software systems.
- Knowledge of budgeting and management.
- A high degree of professionalism.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.