Waiter / Waitress at an Ultra Modern Hotel
An ultra Modern Hotel in Akure, Ondo state is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Location: Akure, Ondo
Employment Type: Part-time
- Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you.
- Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses and maintain a tidy dining area
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using order-slips
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- High school diploma with 1 – 2 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
N15,000 – N20,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.