Warehouse in Charge
General purpose of the position
The Warehouse In-charge is solely responsible for the INTERSOS Common Warehouse Hub activities in the field base assigned to her/him; specifically, to manage the INTERSOS Warehouse facility and/or any other storage space under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Project Manager.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Provides overall coordination for INTERSOS daily presence in project area by liaising with the local authorities and other humanitarian actors in the area in collaboration with supervisor;
- Understands, implements and / or maintains standard INTERSOS storage/inventory management policies and procedures.
- Monitors and implements daily activities inside the warehouse in accordance with SOPs and quality standards;
- Monitors the physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Release Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Monitors and updates as per INTERSOS requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce TIMELY reports as requested by the Warehouse Project Manager and in accordance with Donor specific standard of operations (SOPs) if applicable.
- Prepares and sends to the stock Reports to Program staff or Supervisor.
- Supervises and maintains an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse/base.
- Liaises and maintains timely communications with relevant stakeholders to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods depending on an organized mechanism;
- Ensures that Service Users are informed upon acceptance for all new requests of the schedule for delivery of goods and receipt. All changes to the schedule initiated by INTERSOS will be communicated to Service Users in a timely way.
- On a monthly basis, works with the partners to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Conducts routine inventory inspection and submits report to the Warehouse Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Measures and reports the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance.
- Ensures shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
- Maintains items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing a quarterly budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; productivity, quality, and partners-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse/base;
- Ensures storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs. Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results.
- Coordinates with new partners for the signing of MoUs;
- Ensure INTERSOS security and safety standards and procedures are followed at all times;
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Social Science or Statistics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a humanitarian / recovery context;
Proven commitment to accountability and quality assurance.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software (MS Excel, MS Word)
Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st June 2021 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.