Wash Officer Partner – Coordination at Norwegian Church Aid
We provide emergency assistance in disasters, work for long-term development in local communities and address the root causes
of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, business
and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid is an ecumenical diaconal organisation for global justice.
We work to help the poorest and those in need, reg…
Read more about this company
Wash Officer Partner – Coordination
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Dikwa, Borno (with some possible travels in other project locations and Maiduguri)
- The WaSH Officer Partner coordination is responsible of the support and coaching of NCA partner for all WaSH related aspects of the program.
- S/he is the WaSH focal person between NCA and its implementing partner, provides updates to the WaSH Project Manager regarding partner’s WaSH activities, ensures timely and effective coordination with the partner, including identification of partner’s financial, logistics and security needs and sharing with his/her supervisor.
- Objective 1: Coach NCA’s implementing partner for the timely and effective implementation of WaSH activities in the specific deep-field locations (planification and daily coordination of activities, BoQs, procurement requests, financial requests) while ensuring good quality of the program.
- Objective 2: Support NCA’s implementing partner in the management of teams of contractors, laborers and WaSH volunteers (coordination and implementation of daily tasks, support of performance review by the Partner, participation on field staff meetings) and ensure the Partner understands and use all relevant NCA protocols
- Objective 3: Facilitate linkage of partner’s and NCA’s MEAL for effective monitoring and reporting of WaSH activities and expected results (relevant data collection and documentation, internal activity reporting)
- Objective 4: Ensure coordination between deep field locations and main office in Maiduguri (including regular communication with the supervisor)
- Objective 5: If requested, represent NCA in relevant coordination mechanisms in the deep-field locations
Roles and Responsibilities (Specific Tasks, Coordination Etc)
Related to Objective 1:
- Based on project documentation, develop and submit to the supervisor the monthly activity planning in coordination with NCA partner’s teams from the specific deep-field location;
- Develop and submit to the supervisor his/her monthly movement planning;
- Provide regular support to NCA’s implementing partner in terms of procurement and reception of all WaSH related goods, services and works;
- Monitor the security situation and report any security or safety-issues to the Security Department.
Related to Objective 2:
- Provide continuous support to NCA’s Partner for the supervision of contractors, laborers and WaSH volunteers, the regular assessment of the quality of their work by ensuring their suitability with international standards and NCA technical prescriptions.
- Identify NCA’s Partner needs in capacity building, share with the supervisor and contribute to the development of appropriate training plan;
- Support NCA’s Partner for beneficiaries’ trainings (operators, technicians, WaSH volunteers and committees).
- Ensure NCA Partner’s WaSH team acts in line with NCA internal policies, more specifically CoC;
Related to Objective 3:
- Participate on relevant evaluations and needs assessments and build NCA’s Partner capacities in that direction;
- Understand and help NCA’s Partner to use the M&E Framework to collect relevant information on project implementation;
- Ensure regular data collection and transfer supporting documentation about implemented activities and results to the WaSH Manager;
- Support NCA’s Partner for the timely submission of quality progress reports according to reporting plan established;
- Maintain active communication between NCA and its partner.
Related to Objective 4:
- Understand and ensure NCA’s Partner complies with NCA internal procedures (e.g. HR, procurement, finance and security);
- Respect the Security Protocols;
- Where applicable: regularly update the Security Department on the security situation in the respective deep-field location and contribute actively to NCA’s “duty of care”;
- Monitor gaps and humanitarian needs of targeted population and update the Supervisor regularly;
- If requested, contribute to preparation and designing of project proposal for different donors in line with the management’s strategy.
Related to Objective 5:
- Ensure NCA’s representation and visibility including NCA’s Partner involvement in relevant deep-field location coordination structures;
- Ensure NCA’s role as an active humanitarian actor.
- Undertake any other task related to the WASH as necessary
- Cross Cutting Issues (Gender, Protection, Environment & Other)
- The WaSH Officer Partner Coordination ensures the centrality of protection, GBV mainstreaming and respect of CHS and AAP standards in all WaSH activities implemented by NCA’s Partner.
As such, the s/he is responsible to guarantee that NCA’s Partner:
- Respects and integrates CHS and inclusion of all vulnerable groups in every stage of Project Cycle Management (PCM);
- Provides disaggregated all data in assessments, plans and reports per gender and age
- Supports initiatives related to the establishment of gender, age and diversity sensitive Complaint Response Mechanism;
- Complies with ACT Alliance Code of Conduct.
- Success factors/risks and restraints
The success of the WaSH Officer Partner Coordination’s activities will depend very much on her/his ability to:
- Provide on-the-job trainings and capacities building
- Successfully coordinates a team on a daily basis;
- Supports his/her Supervisor to proactively seek solutions in a challenging context;
- Maintain high standards and quality of work;
- Work under pressure and with a tight deadline.
- The WaSH Officer Partner Coordination reports to the WaSH Manager, or to the person with this responsibility.
- S/he provides regular status reports from own area of responsibilities as per NCA Nigeria internal procedures.
Ethical Conduct for NCA Staff
- Norwegian Church Aid maintains a code of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- NCA officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by NCA officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] addressing it to :The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” and using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.