WASH Project Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Read more about this company
WASH Project Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Engineering / Technical  , Project Management
Location: Damboa, Borno
Proposed Start date: June 2020 (subject to funding approval)
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
- The WASH Project Manager is to oversee the implementation of WASH project in Damboa, Borno State Nigeria, with the aim to improve access to emergency WASH services for vulnerable population.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop effective design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards ensuring effective maintenance and use of WASH equipment;
- Implement the mission’s WASH strategy within the project framework taking into account the key internal and external documents: Action Against Hunger Charter, 2015 strategic framework, policies (WASH and other Action Against Hunger sectors), positioning papers (WASH and transversal), national strategies and other specific legal framework enforced by the body/department in charge of WASH issues.
- Develop and implement the use of appropriate techniques and resources for hygiene promotion and training.
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues relating to the management of the program, and inform the hierarchy accordingly.
- Post-implementation monitoring of Action Against Hunger WASH structures.
- Plan and manage emergency responses; and priorities activities according to humanitarian needs.
- Supervision of the WASH program staff: induction, follow up, evaluation, and promotion of positive team dynamics and motivation
- Oversee the activities of WASH program staff in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals – this includes regular visits to the field sites in order to evaluate achievements; to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs.
- Evaluation of WASH program staff as per the defined schedule
- Participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the county and state level, as well as national level as required.
- Collaborate and communicate with Technical and Support Coordinators, Program Managers, CD, and any other Action Against Hunger resource people in order to ensure the coherence of activities and reports in terms of Action Against Hunger WASH strategy.
- Informing/updating the Field Co and CD on WASH program implementation and any issues on a regular basis.
- Participation in weekly base team meetings and any other general team or strategy meetings.
- Participation in the overall mission and program strategy, narrative and financial project proposals and reporting, in collaboration with Logistics/Finance/Country Director and other program coordinators as necessary.
- Track the progress of activities by ensuring the collecting of program indicators.
- Preparing inputs for the mission weekly and monthly situation reports as well as contractual donor reports;
- Engineering or Public Health Degree (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene;
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred;
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience, within a WASH management/supervisory capacity;
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight;
- Demonstrate commitment Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context;
- Experience managing a team of staff.
Method of Application
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply